Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SCS sketch 207 and a stamper's nightmare

OK, so you all know I am snowed in. So, I am making the best of it by making Christmas cards, listening to Christmas songs on UTube with the boys, making paper spiders with my punches with the boys, dansing, you get the picture...

So what's the nightmare you ask?? Well, I'M ALMOST OUT OF POSTAGE STAMPS! Yep, with only a couple more days to mail Christmas cards and NO way to get to the Post Office I have only 12 stamps left. Aaaackkkkk! I am wondering if I buy some online if they will be delivered in time... I will figure out something I am sure.

EDITED TO ADD: Today (Thursday) the snow is melting and I got to the PO! I bought plenty of stamps to mail all my cards, not to mention some groceries! -whew!


On to my card. This is for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I used Inkadinkado's Christmas Silhouette's reindeer embossed in black for my image. I colored the flowers with some copic markers and added a bit of bling. The DP is from Cosmo Cricket Be Good line -man I love this stuff, such rich colors! I used Verve's Ornamental Christmas for the sentiment. This set not only has the most amazing ornaments, but the sentiments are great too and I have used them on tons of cards.


Here is a pic of some of my supplies.


Card Deets:
Stamps: christmas silhouettes, Verve's ornamental christmas (sentiment)
Paper: black, very vanilla, Prism Herbal Garden Medium, Be Good DP
Ink: versamark, black, ruby red (sponging)
Accessories: velvet ribbon (dots and dashes), kaiser bling, scallop border punch, copic markers



13 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!!!



    And....probably not, the one time I ordered online they took like 5 days!!! You would think they would come the next day from your local PO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! When you wrote you were out of stamps I first thought you meant the rubber or acrylic kind you use with ink and paper! Hopefully you can get out tomorrow to buy postage stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can buy postage online now and print it out. I've done that for packages on www.usps.com - I can't imagine that you can do it for packages and not for stamps. It's worth checking.

    Good luck with the snow - that card is a winner! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is a fabulous design Michelle, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I feel for you on the snow issue. Check out my blog today for wintery news in our area.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, this is so very gorgeous!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's absolutely stunning! I love your whole blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle, I have to laugh, when I read your post and you said you're out of stamps, I was like "what is she talking about...I KNOW she owns stamps, did she sell them all, what's going ON!"...then I realize you mean POSTAGE...ha ha. Got it.

    Hope that snow is continuing keeping all of you cozy...and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegance and so beautiful beyond description. Love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo gorgeous, Michelle...the stamp, papers, design...everything is sooo fabulous and elegant!!! I hope you stay toasty and warm and enjoy playing with your babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG- we have been snowed in also....boo!! and ew are supposed to get a huge wind/ice storm today...Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.