Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hi everyone!!  I am on a card making roll!  I saw the amazing Waltzingmouse sketch this week and had to play along.  
This card uses all of my favorite things.  I love all the new My Mind's Eye papers, these are from The Sweetest Thing, Bluebell 6x6 pad.
I also love all the Prima Flowers (now discontinued) - Link to great mini flower dies to use instead.
And my favie new WMS set is Compact Sentiments (now discontinued) - Link to great sentiment dies to use instead.
And last but not least - my Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities!  Yes, even with all the new and wonderful Labels and Shapeabilities set, my all time favorite dies are circles!
I followed the sketch pretty much exactly, but the center strip panel looked better at an angle rather than straight across.  I think it had to do with my circle and flower cluster.  The sentiment was stamped a bit too high, so I added some rhinestones to fill the space.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Here is a close up picture before I go.

19 comments:

  1. Aw your card is beautiful ,elegant and fresh! Gorgeous sparkly flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the circle cluster ont he sketch and teh circle frame. Wonderful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. Great colour combination. I like the circle cluster and the pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with beautiful colors. Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet gorgeousness, Michelle! Love the pretty Prima flowers layered over the circles. They coordinate perfectly with the print in the paper. The scalloped frame is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Birthday card, love the colors, they say 'falls in the air' to me, love seeing blues and browns mixed together!!!
    Once again you have made my morning with a sweet blog to start my day out!!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Michelle. Love your cut our scalloped circles so that great grid paper could show through. GORGEOUS!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours, pretty roses and I really like the way you've framed the sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stunning, Michelle! Oh wow! LOVE WMS too :) THanks for the link on your blog the other day! I was wondering why I was getting a lot of traffic from you :) You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous card! Love how you cut out the center of the scalloped circle and added the circles under the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love that you turned the circle into a frame so the pp shows through. The sugary flowers are beautiful and make this extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Michelle! love how you matched your flowers to the pretty floral DP! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, your card is so pretty. I love how you framed the sentiment by using only the border of the circle. Very clever! And the flowers...they coordinate perfectly with the pattern paper. Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice circle work Michelle, love those sentiments hey?!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet card, Michelle! Perfect in every way - the colours, the die cutting and the gorgeous sentiment... so glad to see you playing with us! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!! Love the colours and how you used the design!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.